RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR RESIDENTS
1. The leasing policy of the Riverton Tower Apartments require that at all tenants must be 62 years of age or above.
2. Animals – No pets are allowed except by those requiring a service animal. Please ensure clean up after your pet.
3. The passenger elevators may be reserved by any resident during daytime hours in connection with moving in or out of the building. (Monday – Thursday after 9 a.m., Friday-Saturday all day.) NO ONE moving in or out of the building will be permitted use of both elevators for moving purposes.
4. Residents and guests of residents are requested to use the swimming pool and pool areas only in accordance with the following:
Swimming Pool Rules
A. No lifeguard will be on duty. Swim at your own risk.
B. The pool and patio area may be used by authorized residents and guests only. Resident must accompany guests at all times.
C. The State of Florida requires that all residents take a shower each time before entering the pool. It is particularly important that all suntan lotions and oils are removed as they are damaging to the filtering system.
D. Always wear sandals and a robe when going to and from the pool and patio area. Access to the pool without going through the lobby may be obtained by using the stairway from the second floor.
E. No scuba diving equipment is allowed in the pool at any time.
F. No bottles or glass containers are allowed in the pool area.
G. Please place all papers and trash in the receptacles provided before leaving the pool area.
H. Splashing and blowing water are prohibited.
I. Do not move patio furniture to the beach area.
J. Obey all posted rules in the pool area.
K. Residents and Guests of residents must leave the pool area at the first sign of lightning or thunder.
5. Occupants of the premises shall pass through, or use the public areas of the building, dressed in clothing appropriate to public areas.
6. No awnings or screens shall be attached to the outside walls of the building, or used in connection with any balcony, window or door of the premises .
7. Please do not store items on your balcony which can be seen from the outside of the building as it is unsightly and creates an unfavorable impression of your/our building. If you have items that you want to leave on your balcony, please place them behind the solid wall rather than lattice portion of the balcony, so that they cannot be seen from the outside of the building. In the event of hurricanes, all movable objects must be removed from the balconies. No linens or clothing, rugs or mops or similar items shall be shaken or hung from any balcony or window. No flower pots or other receptacles are to be placed on the exterior edges of the premises.
8. Radio or television aerials shall not be attached to or hung from the exterior of the building. The Management reserves the right to remove any system connection when, in our opinion, it interferes with the reception by other tenants. The Management also reserves the right to limit the areas on the balcony where satellite dishes are to be placed.
9. Residents shall give written notice to the Management of any repairs needed to utilities or fixtures. Repairs shall not be made or permitted by resident without authorization by the owner.
10. Drains and other plumbing apparatus shall be used only for the purpose intended. Any damage resulting from a violation of this provision shall be paid for by the resident.
11. All newspapers, bottles, jars, clothes hangers, cardboard boxes, and grocery bags are to be placed beside garbage chute in receptacles provided. Maintenance people will pick up receptacles early morning and the late afternoon. Garbage to be disposed down the chute is to be in a plastic bag or can liner with flat measurements no larger than 18″ wide and 30″ long and tied at the top. Heavy objects are damaging to the chute and are disturbing to residents on floors below.
12. Residents shall not make or permit any disturbing noises or actions in the building that will interfere with the rights or comforts of other residents.
13. The Management shall retain a pass key to each apartment and resident shall not alter any lock or install a new lock or knocker without the prior written consent of the owner.
14. To clean balcony, please scrub with a mop. Do not dump quantities of water on the balcony floor as it drips and splashes down on others.
15. Appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines, freezers, etc. are not permitted in the building until and unless agreed to in the lease agreement.
16. For routine maintenance matters during regular office hours, call (904)743-5090. After 5:00 p.m., seven days a week, via digital paging system call (904)538-3009. After the beeps, enter your phone number. The duty-man will return your call.
- Monday, November 25, 2019: There is a new mobile phone number (CELL) for the duty security officer. It is not a pager. You can now call them directly as is also the case for emergency or after hours Maintenance.
Security Hours 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM = Cell (904) 532-0351
Maintenance Emergency Service = Cell (904) 566-7860
17. Lock outs are handled without a fee by the building staff during normal office hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. The fee for lock outs after normal business hours is $15.00 and will be charged to the resident’s account.
18. All rent is due on the first of each month. Please cooperate by paying promptly so a late charge will not be assessed to your rental account.
19. Any apartment found to be in unusually unclean or unhealthy condition during regular inspections, where its condition may be considered a health risk to other apartments, will receive a letter of warning from the Landlord. If the problem is not resolved by the resident the Landlord at its discretion will either demand mandatory maid service or request possession of the apartment within 30 days written notice.
The Management reserves the right to add to or amend these Rules and Regulations as necessary for the safety, care, and cleanliness of the premises or building, and for the preservation of good order. We appreciate your cooperation.
FIRE REGULATIONS – IMPORTANT
The Fire Marshal has asked our cooperation in the use of fire extinguisher for the purpose for which they are intended only. Please do not use the fire extinguisher as door-stops.
Also, please cooperate with the fire regulations in observing the “No Parking” fire lane area along the driveway in the back of the building. This is a very important area and must be open at all times.
To further aid fire fighting equipment, please insure that no trash cans, waste baskets or other receptacles are left in any of the hallways. Your cooperation in observing these important fire regulations is essential.
As required by the Landlord and Tenant Act, Chapter 83.49, the amount of any security deposit you paid when you rented your apartment has been deposited in an interest bearing account at Community First Credit Union, Jacksonville, Florida. Simple interest will be credited to your rental account in January of each year and may be applied to the February rental payment. The interest rate will be the prime rate as set by the Community First Credit Union of Jacksonville in January of each year. The College has paid, at its discretion, 5 1/4 percent for the last several years while the interest paid by the bank on the above deposit account has been less.